Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Repainting Pots

I went on this kick of redoing my house-the simple way (accessories).  My sister was getting rid of some old pots and we had just purchased a new plant.  I wanted to stick the plant in my yoga room, but the pots didn't match.  The end? No.  I bought some primer and spray paint from Home Depot and went to work...

Here you go:


a gray color.  It took one coat of primer and 2 coats of white...


Took it into the room, added a couple bags of black stones (bags were $1 at Dollar Tree)

There you go.  The plant was maybe $10 at Smith's Marketplace
And there it is.  Simple yet  looks so much better.  I'd say that was an under $15 (you have to include the plant, the tray, the trivet, the rocks, and spray paint).  It adds just enough to the room!


Total Cost: $12 (including spray paints and rocks)
Total Time: 2 hours (let paint dry and re-pot plant)

No comments:

Post a Comment