Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Light the World Advent Calendar Starter

Last year I followed Brightly Street's  Advent Calendar and loved it!  It correlated perfectly with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' Light the World Campaign (it has been updated to fit the new Light The World calendar).  This year the Church's prompts are different (which I love), so I've come up with a few simple ideas on how to incorporate them with my two young children.

For the full calendar click: #LightTheWorld.  This will give you the scripture, and a few suggestions on how to implement that scripture into a service opportunity.

I've combined all the scriptures, the simple meaning of them (my interpretation), an object that represents that scripture and a service activity to go along with it.  I hope this helps you out as I'm excited to focus on Christ and giving this Christmas season.

Here is the list.  You should be able to print it on a regular sheet of paper (or cardstock) and use it to help you get started.

Here is a picture of all the stuff I'm putting in my "advent calendar" (aka door hanger shoe organizer).  

I don't know if you can see everything, but I think it's all there (or just about).  And I changed a few things (plate for a spoon and fork to fit in the cubby, penny jar for a few actual coins, etc.)


And here is the door hanger shoe organizer I use.  It is perfect because it fits on the door and the cubbies are just the right size for a small trinket & the cards made by Brightly Street.  

I hope this helps you or at least gives you a start on things you can do to serve others this holiday season.  

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment