Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fresh Fruit Tarts For Summer


The recipe I originally had was actually for a fruit pizza.  I like to tinker around and mix things up...so I now use it for fresh fruit tarts...or in the month of July...Patriotic Pastries!  Delish!  Everywhere I take these, people ask what they are.  I don't know where the original recipe came from, if you know, help me out so I can give credit where due, but I love these things and they are so simple to make!


You'll need the following:

for the dough:
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4-1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tart
1/4 tsp. salt
lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon)

for the icing:
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbs. sugar
1-1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Remaining lemon zest
Lemon juice (from 1 lemon)

Here's what ya do:
1.  Cream butter, sugar & half the lemon zest, add egg, vanilla, soda, cream of tartar & salt.
2.  Add flour until dough starts to form (add enough flour so it's not super sticky)
3.  Using a small cookie scoop (or melon baller), place one scoop into each spot of a muffin tin


4.  Gently press down on each ball to form a slight bowl. 




5.  Bake @ 350 for 7 minutes, let cool a couple minutes in pan before removing (they will look slightly gooey).


6.  Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sugar, powdered sugar & remaining zest.




7.  Slowly add lemon juice until icing begins to thin (I usually chill mine while bowls are cooling)

8.  Use that same cookie scoop (or melon baller) to scoop icing onto each tart (I usually fill the scoop 2/3 full).

9.  Add patriotic fruit (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.) or whatever fruit you want.



10. Enjoy!
(Refrigerate any leftovers)




No comments:

Post a Comment