Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Draft Stopper

Our front door lets in a LOT of cold air through that annoying little slit on the bottom. Well, today no more cold air is gettin' through!

I bought heavy fabric at Wal-Mart for about $2 (1/2 yard) and a couple of bags of split peas ($3 each) and made myself a draft stopper.

I got a neutral color so I wouldn't have to worry about color coding...

And I put the peas in a separate sleeve so I can wash the cover anytime it gets dirty

I decided to add a "handle" to it (you can't see it in the photos) so I could hang it on the door (once I get some hooks installed) so we don't have to move it every time we use the door.  That way, it will just move with the door.

All in all:
Total Cost: $9
Total Time: 1 hour

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I also forgot to tell you that ours have hooks on both ends, so we hang them in the coat closet during the summer. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. And the separate sleeve (so you can wash it) is a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete