Thursday, September 4, 2014

Wood Candy Corn

I saw these here & here and thought they were pretty cute.  They looked pretty simple so I gave it a go.

I free handed my own templates, three different sizes.

print as 8 1/2 x 11
Trace onto wood (mine is about 3/4" thick)
 Again, thanks to my grandpa, we were able to cut these out in a jiffy.
Cut and sand


Little painting, sanding, & sealing...



I was about ready to glue them together, when my mother-in-law had the great suggestion of using magnets to hold them together.  Let's be honest here, basically all my decorations end up being toys.  This idea made is so my 2-year-old can actually play with them like puzzles.


My husband used a 5/16" spade drill bit to drill the holes.  Pretty easy.  The tricky part was making sure the holes lined up with each other.

I found the magnets @ The Home Depot for around $6, they worked great.

A little tacky glue & some waiting and now my candy corn is done...






Now these can be fun for the kiddos as much as the adults:) Happy Halloween (or fall, or autumn, or Thanksgiving)...




No comments:

Post a Comment